UPPER COLO RESERVE - OPEN FOR CAMPING FROM 1 SEPTEMBER 2020
Bookings are now being accepted for Upper Colo Reserve from 1 September 2020 onwards.
In the event that the reserve needs to be closed due to COVID -19 or any other factors you will be advised and a refund will be processed.
The following guidelines are in place to protect visitors and manage booking numbers to enable physical distancing:
- only the people who are booked can stay - additional people will not be allowed on arrival
- you are responsible for maintaining contact details of your guests
- by making a booking, you understand and agree that:
- you have read information about the campground and determined its suitability for you.
- you agree to bring your own cleaning supplies, sanitation products and plenty of water as water supply cannot be guaranteed
- you will follow physical distancing and public gathering rules. Latest rules are available on the NSW government website www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19This external link will open in a new window
- if you are unwell, please stay at home.
Campsites will be maintained to general standards however Council cannot guarantee that surfaces and touch-points are sterilised.
Please note bookings are essential. Important information:
- no mobile or wireless connection is available at the campground
- the road is a narrow winding gravel road that is not suitable for caravans
- no firewood is to be collected from the Reserve or the National Park
- personal transport to and from the Reserve is essential in case of emergency evacuation
- children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult whilst at the reserve.
The Upper Colo Reserve is isolated and surrounded by bushland, and thus in times of extreme weather conditions/fire the Reserve may be closed. If you are unsure if this will apply on the dates you are camping please contact Council on (02) 4560 4444 (between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday), before leaving home or the Rural Fire Service on (02) 4575 1601 or check the RFS website www.rfs.nsw.gov.auThis external link will open in a new window outside office hours.
In the event of a Total Fire Ban
NO fires are to be lit at Upper Colo Reserve.
NO cooking facility with an open flame can be used...this includes gas BBQs.
For full conditions of entry and to book visit www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/services/places-and-facilities/upper-colo-camping