Council maintains key services during COVID-19 response
The incidence of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is increasing across the nation and represents an immediate and serious threat to our community members. In an effort to protect our community, Hawkesbury City Council will:
- limit opportunities for transmission of the virus within our local community
- ensure the ongoing provision of Council services to the community.
Council is implementing changes to its operations and services on Friday, 20 March as listed below.
Council will close its in-person access at its Administration Building in Windsor effective from Friday, 20 March 2020. Essential services will be maintained and Council will continue providing Customer Service through its telephone and online services (website, Facebook, email).
Council encourages everyone to use its online services at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and for any enquiries, including bushfire recovery enquiries, please call Council’s Customer Service on 4560 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawkesbury Visitor Information Centre
As part this operational response, Council will also cease in-person access at the Hawkesbury Visitor Information Centre. Telephone and online services will continue to be provided by the Hawkesbury Visitor Information Centre.
- No public access to computers at Hawkesbury Central Library, however books may still be returned and borrowed and wifi still available
- Library members are encouraged to use the online Library catalogue to search and borrow eBooks, eMagazines and access many other eResources
- Members can now borrow up to 40 items
- Non-library members are encouraged to join
- People can become a member online – but go to the Library to show ID and collect library card
Council facilities listed below will be closed from Friday, 20 March 2020:
· Hawkesbury Regional Museum
· Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
· Richmond Branch Library
Events and public programs
· All upcoming community events have been postponed including the Hawkesbury Thank You Street Parade and Festival and all Library, Museum and Gallery public programs.
Council services operating as usual:
· All waste collections – domestic, recycling and green waste
· Kerbside collection
· Waste Management Facility
· Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter.
· Initial documentation for Development Applications may be dropped off for review at the front of Council’s Administration Building in the mail box at 366 George Street, Windsor.
A comprehensive list of all facilities and services included as part of Council’s operational response to COVID-19 is available at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au
Council is monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation which is evolving daily. Council will continue to follow the advice of the NSW and Federal Governments and their health departments.
Reviewing other Council operations
Council is reviewing the operations of pools, gyms, Council Meetings and Committee Meetings.
Council will keep all community members, organisations and staff updated of any changes to Council’s operations during the COVID-19 pandemic on its website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and on Council’s official Facebook page www.facebook.com/hawkesburycitycouncil
Members of the public are advised to practice good hygiene guidelines, including correct handwashing and social distancing as promoted on the Federal Government’s Department of Health website at www.health.gov.au For further information and regular updates about Coronavirus (COVID-19) visit www.health.gov.au