- Identify the economic, environmental and social opportunities for the preservation, management and enhancement of rural lands within the Hawkesbury Local Government Area;
- Guide the future planning, development and management of rural lands within the Hawkesbury Local Government Area;
- Inform robust decision making and outcomes for planning proposals, development applications and a review of broader strategic plans such as the Hawkesbury Local Environmental Plan 2012 and Development Control Plan;
- Provide appropriate land use planning controls reflective of the circumstances of Hawkesbury’s rural lands taking into account the impacts of emerging pressures and opportunities.
- posted to Hawkesbury City Council, PO Box 146,WINDSOR, NSW 2756; or
- faxed to (02) 4587 7740; or
- emailed to: email@example.com or
- submitted using the online submission form on this site.
What is the purpose of the Draft Hawkesbury Rural Lands Strategy?
The purpose of the Hawkesbury Rural Lands Strategy is to:
Can I view the Draft Hawkesbury Rural Lands Strategy?
Yes. The Draft Hawkesbury Rural Lands Strategy and other supporting documentation can be viewed on this webpage. You can access these documents from the 'Document Library' located at the right hand bottom corner of this webpage. Alternatively, you can view them between 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday at Council’s Administration Office, 366 George Street, Windsor during the exhibition period.
How can I make a submission?
If you choose to make a submission it will be taken into account by Council at a subsequent Council Meeting
Written submissions can be:
The last day for receipt of submissions is Monday 15 February 2021.
Do I need to include my personal information?
The inclusion of personal information with your submission is voluntary. However, if not provided Council will not be able to contact you about the Draft Strategy. The information will be stored in Council's electronic records system and paper files. For your protection, Council recommends that you do not include defamatory comments in your submission.
If I make a submission, will I be notified of which Council Meeting the matter will be decided?
Yes. Council will notify all Submitters of the Council Meeting in which the Draft Hawkesbury Rural Lands Strategy will be decided. Submitters will be given an opportunity to make a short statement in support or objecting to the Draft Hawkesbury Rural Lands Strategy when Council decides whether or not to adopt the Draft Strategy. You will also be notified in writing of Council’s decision. A copy of ‘Council’s Meeting Guide’ is available on Council's website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au.