- posted to Hawkesbury City Council, PO Box 146,WINDSOR, NSW 2756; or
- faxed to (02) 4587 7740; or
- emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- submitted using the online submission form on this site.
What is the purpose of the Draft Hawkesbury Local Housing Strategy?
The purpose of the Hawkesbury Local Housing Strategy is to:
· Set a clear plan for housing in the Local Government Area for the next 10 and 20 years;
· Forecast anticipated housing growth for the next 20 years in five year intervals;
· Identify the economic, environmental and social factors, relevant to the Local Government Area to provide additional housing opportunities;
· Identify opportunities for affordable and local housing and present Council’s response for housing and how the housing components of the Western City District Plan and A Metropolis of Three Cities can be delivered locally;
· Identify market trends of where people want to live in the Local Government Area and housing types required to meet the future housing demand of the changing demographics;
· Identify the amount and housing types required to address particular needs including affordable housing, adaptable housing for seniors and people with disability, local workers housing and student housing;
· Identify infrastructure needed to support the anticipated housing demand in the Local Government Area;
· Consider the urban structure of the Local Government Area and its role in the District and Region, including any cross boundary issues and opportunities;
· Identify opportunities to integrate local level planning for housing with broader state and Regional infrastructure, employment, open space and other elements of the built and natural environment;
· Identify areas within the Local Government Area that are able to accommodate further future developments due to its location, environmental amenity and infrastructure capacity;
· Identify areas within the Local Government Area that are to be conserved for reasons of cultural, environmental, heritage, flooding or local character significance;
· Provide recommendations to accommodate future growth and unprecedented potential spikes in growth.
Can I view the Draft Hawkesbury Local Housing Strategy?
Yes. The Draft Hawkesbury Local Housing Strategy and other supporting documentation can be viewed on this webpage. You can access these documents from the 'Document Library' located at the right hand bottom corner of this webpage. Alternatively, you can view them between 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday at Council’s Administration Office, 366 George Street, Windsor during the exhibition period.
Can I get further information about the Draft Hawkesbury Local Housing Strategy?
Yes. Should you need any further information about the planning proposal, have any questions or if you have a difficulty in attending Council offices, please contact Andrew Kearns, Manager Strategic Planning Manager on (02) 45604604 or Sunehla Bala, Strategic Land Use Planning Coordinator on (02) 4560 4544.
How can I make a submission?
If you choose to make a submission it will be taken into account by Council at a subsequent Council Meeting
Written submissions can be:
The last day for receipt of submissions is Monday 12 October 2020.
Do I need to include my personal information?
The inclusion of personal information with your submission is voluntary. However, if not provided Council will not be able to contact you about the Draft Strategy. The information will be stored in Council's electronic records system and paper files. For your protection, Council recommends that you do not include defamatory comments in your submission.
If I make a submission, will I be notified of which Council Meeting the matter will be decided?
Yes. Council will notify all Submitters of the Council Meeting in which the Draft Hawkesbury Local Housing Strategy will be decided. Submitters will be given an opportunity to make a short statement in support or objecting to the Draft Hawkesbury Local Housing Strategy when Council decides whether or not to adopt the Draft Strategy. You will also be notified in writing of Council’s decision. A copy of ‘Council’s Meeting Guide’ is available on Council's website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au.