- highlight Council’s position in respect of the need for a collaborative approach across all levels of government to respond to issues associated with floodplain management across the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley, and
- set the information and development controls to be used for the preparation and assessment of Development Applications for land affected by the 1 in 100 year flood event to address the requirements of Clause 6.3 Flood planning of Hawkesbury Local environmental Plan 2012.
- posted to Hawkesbury City Council, PO Box 146,WINDSOR, NSW 2756; or
- faxed to (02) 4587 7740; or
- emailed to: email@example.com or
- submitted using the online submission form on this site.
What is the purpose of the proposed Policy?
The purpose of the Draft Flood Policy 2020 is to:
The proposed Policy will provide up-to-date and relevant, best practice controls to meet the requirements of Clause 6.3 – Flood planning of Hawkesbury Local Environmental Plan 2012, and to clearly express how a proposed development’s suitability is assessed in relation to the impacts of flooding.
Can I view the Draft Flood Policy 2020?
Yes. The Draft Flood Policy 2020 and other supporting documentation can be viewed on this webpage. You can access these documents from the 'Document Library' located at the right hand bottom corner of this webpage. Alternatively, you can view them between 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday at Council’s Administration Office, 366 George Street, Windsor during the exhibition period.
Can I get further information about the Draft Flood Policy 2020?
Yes. Should you need any further information about the Draft Flood Policy 2020, have any questions or if you have a difficulty in attending Council offices, please contact Colleen Haron Senior Strategic Land Use Planner on (02) 4560 4564.
How can I make a submission?
If you choose to make a submission it will be considered by Council at a subsequent Council Meeting.
Written submissions can be:
The last day for receipt of submissions is Monday 28 September 2020.
Do I need to include my personal information?
The inclusion of personal information with your submission is voluntary. However, if not provided Council will not be able to contact you about the Draft Policy. The information will be stored in Council's electronic records system and paper files. For your protection, Council recommends that you do not include defamatory comments in your submission.
If I make a submission, will I be notified of which Council Meeting the matter will be decided?
Yes. Council will notify all Submitters of the Council Meeting in which the Draft Flood Policy 2020 will be decided. Submitters will be given an opportunity to make a short statement in support or objecting to the Draft Flood Policy 2020 when Council decides whether or not to adopt the Draft Policy. You will also be notified in writing of Council’s decision. A copy of ‘Council’s Meeting Guide’ is available on Council's website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au.