Greens Road Community Information Session - 26 August 2021
As discussed at the meeting we are seeking early feedback on options to enable works to get underway and would like the community to provide their feedback on the two options for the sequence of repairs.
Option 1: The following sequence and anticipated impacts are :
- Site 2 – Undertake Temporary Remediation Works to provide interim access
- Keep Site 1 open with 5T Load Limit – no disruption to current access at Site 1
- Complete detailed design option for permanent restoration
- Site 2 – Carry out Permanent Works. Site would be closed to traffic
- Site 1 – Carry out Permanent Works. Site would be closed to traffic
Option 2: The following sequence and anticipated impacts are :
- Site 2 – Temporary Remediation Works; then
- Site 1 – Temporary Remediation Works. Site 1 access closed for 3 to 4 weeks – no public access due to excavation works. All traffic would need to go via Site 2 with the 3T load limit and access only during daylight hours
- Site 1 – Interim works would enable an increase load limit to 10T when completed
- Site 2 – Permanent Works. Site would be closed to traffic
- Site 1 – Permanent works. Site would be closed to traffic
As outlined at the meeting it is proposed to commence the Interim works at Site 2 in the next week
. In considering the above, Option 1 is considered the option which minimises overall disruption.