- Guide Council, and the community to achieve emissions and water reductions across Council’s operations and the broader local government area
- Assist to deliver a climate resilient community with economic benefits for council and the community through decreased operational costs and environmental benefits
- Set targets for emissions reductions and water efficiency
- Identify strategies and actions towards a net zero resilient Hawkesbury
- posted to Hawkesbury City Council, PO Box 146,WINDSOR, NSW 2756; or
- faxed to (02) 4587 7740; or
- emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- submitted using the online submission form on this site.
What is the purpose of the Draft Net Zero Emissions and Water Efficiency Strategy?
The purpose of the Draft Net Zero Emissions and Water Efficiency Strategy is to:
Can I view the Draft Net Zero Emissions and Water Efficiency Strategy?
Yes. The Draft Net Zero Emissions and Water Efficiency Strategy and other supporting documentation can be viewed on this webpage. You can access these documents from the 'Document Library' located at the right hand bottom corner of this webpage. Alternatively, you can view them between 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday at Council’s Administration Office, 366 George Street, Windsor during the exhibition period.
Can I get further information about the Draft Net Zero Emissions and Water Efficiency Strategy?
Yes. Should you have any enquiries with respect to this matter, please contact Andrew Kearns, Manager Strategic Planning Manager on (02) 45604604 or Adriana Genova, Environmental Sustainability Coordinator on (02) 4560 4558.
How can I make a submission?
If you choose to make a submission it will be taken into account by Council at a subsequent Council Meeting
Written submissions can be:
The last day for receipt of submissions is Monday 15 February 2021.
Do I need to include my personal information?
The inclusion of personal information with your submission is voluntary. However, if not provided Council will not be able to contact you about the Draft Net Zero Emissions and Water Efficiency Strategy. The information will be stored in Council's electronic records system and paper files. For your protection, Council recommends that you do not include defamatory comments in your submission.
If I make a submission, will I be notified of which Council Meeting the matter will be decided?
Yes. Council will notify all Submitters of the Council Meeting in which the Draft Net Zero Emissions and Water Efficiency Strategy will be decided. Submitters will be given an opportunity to make a short statement in support or objecting to the Draft Strategy when Council decides whether or not to adopt the Draft Strategy. You will also be notified in writing of Council’s decision. A copy of ‘Council’s Meeting Guide’ is available on Council's website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au.